IMPORTANT INFORMATION. The FSU Credit Union app will be unavailable on November 12 and 13 while we make exciting upgrades. The new and improved app will launch November 14. Please visit our details page for important information.
Using this method will NOT result in a $7.95 Bill Pay fee unless you start using the Bill Pay section of the tool by setting up payees. Also, a member can use this method even if they only have a Savings account with their loan.
- The member must have Bill Pay enabled by either requesting it on the New Member Application or requesting it afterward with an FSU Credit Union employee.
- Once Bill Pay is enabled, log into Online Banking (https://fsucuebranch.org). You can always find this link in the top-right corner of our website’s homepage at fsucu.org.
- Click “Bill Payment” in the gold menu bar, which launches a new, smaller window (If your Internet browser blocks this pop-up window, you will have to select “Always allow this pop-up for this website.”)
- After the window opens, go to the “Transfer Money” tab
- Click “Add an Account”
- Fill in all of the information from your account at another financial institution and follow the on-screen steps to “Verify This Account”
- Set up a one-time transfer from your other financial institution to your FSU Credit Union Savings or Checking account (You can also set up a repeating transfer by clicking the “Manage Schedules” link and clicking the “Repeating Transfers” tab.)
- Once the funds are in your FSU Credit Union account, you can click the “Transfer Funds” tab in the gold menu bar.
- Fill in the following fields: “From,” “To, Amount to Transfer,” and “Transfer Date” (You can also make this transfer a “Recurring” transfer by clicking the “Recurring” circle on the “Transfer Type” line.)
- After you’ve reviewed your information, click the “Transfer” button.
- You can always check the transfer you made by visiting those accounts in Online Banking.