COVID-19 Information and Updates
Last updated August 17, 2020
Amid concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to keep our members informed as to the latest information regarding credit union operations. We remain open and fully committed to operating under the mantra of “people helping people.” The Governor has designated financial institutions as essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are dedicated to ensuring the safety of our members and employees while providing the premier member service you have come to expect.
FSU Credit Union continues to closely monitor the developments and government recommendations concerning COVID-19. Branches are open for lobby service by appointment and drive-thru service during normal operating hours.
In addition, some lobbies are now open for walk-in service during limited hours. We will open more lobbies and expand hours for walk-in service in phases after careful consideration. The following branches are now open for walk-in service from 9am to 2pm, Monday through Friday:
- Campus Branch: 834-1 W. St. Augustine Street, Tallahassee
- Capital Circle NE Branch: 1612 Capital Circle NE, Tallahassee
- Crawfordville Branch: 11 Osceola Ct., Crawfordville
- North Monroe Branch: 2520 North Monroe St., Tallahassee
- North Thomasville Rd. Branch: 6274 Old Water Oak Road, Tallahassee
Face coverings are required inside our lobbies. However, please note, before you can complete transactions inside the lobbies, you will be asked to temporarily remove face coverings for identification. Also, we request that all lobby visitors please use the floor spacing decals to follow social distancing guidelines.
Of course, the safest way we can meet your financial needs will remain through our contactless service options including our drive-thrus and digital and phone channels:
- Online Banking and the FSU Credit Union mobile app are available to check balances, make payments, transfer funds, and deposit checks. If you haven’t yet enrolled, we encourage you to enroll today.
- Our member service center is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. EST and can be reached by calling (850) 224-4960 or toll-free at (877) GO-FSUCU (877-463-7828) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can take advantage of our extensive ATM network.
- Our automated bank-by-phone system is available by calling (850) 224-4960 or toll-free at (877) GO-FSUCU (877-463-7828) and choosing Option 1.
Economic Impact Payments
The IRS is dispersing economic impact payments – part of the $2.2 trillion stimulus package – to US citizens to provide economic support amid the COVID-19 pandemic. While we are here to help you with depositing these funds, we do not have any control over when the payments are deposited or mailed. If you have questions regarding the status of your payment, please visit the Internal Revenue Service web site. We’ve also put together helpful information on the Economic Impact Payments, which can be found here.
Should you or your family be impacted by COVID-19 and need financial support, we’re here to help. Members of our team are ready to provide you financial guidance and discuss any necessary financial arrangements. If you are experiencing a hardship and having trouble making your loan payments, please contact us.
In February of this year, we kicked off our Financial Fitness program to help our members save money and Get Fit in 2020. We are pleased to announce that we saved our members more than $400,000 through the program. Although the promotion has ended, during this uncertain economic time, we want you to know our “Financial Fitness Trainers” are still here and ready to help you. Whether by refinancing a loan from another financial institution or taking advantage of our balance transfer promotion, we encourage you to contact one of our trainers today to find a solution that works for you to help you get, and stay, financially fit in 2020.
Unfortunately, scam artists are taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic to steal your personal information. Read more about these fraud attempts here.
Feel free to contact us anytime with questions and concerns.